SCH2P SiriusConnect Home Tuner
Add SIRIUS Satellite Radio's endless entertainment, sports, news, and commercial-free music to your SIRIUS-ready home receiver with the SCH2P Home Pro tuner. Designed for the custom installer, this rack-mountable tuner is compatible with almost any type of control system, including IR, RS-232, and the SIRIUS 8-pin DIN connector.
The package includes an 8-pin DIN cable, RCA audio cable, an outdoor antenna, and mounting hardware. You'll need a coaxial cable to connect the antenna. Once connected, you can control the SIRIUS tuner using your A/V receiver. Stereo RCA audio outputs and an optical digital output give you additional options for connecting the tuner to your system.
SCH2P SiriusConnect Home Tuner
- For use with SIRIUS-Ready home receivers with SiriusConnect 8-pin DIN connection
- Outdoor antenna with mounting hardware
- Rack mounting hardware
- 8-pin DIN cable
- RCA audio cable
- RCA and optical audio outputs
Overview: The SIRIUS Satellite Radio SCH2P Home Tuner includes an outdoor antenna, 2-way splitter, audio cable, and rack mounting hardware. The SiriusConnect SCH2P satellite radio tuner allows you to receive, control, and play SIRIUS satellite programming from your SIRIUS-ready or SAT Radio-ready home receiver. It is not for stand-alone use.
SIRIUS Satellite Radio: SIRIUS Satellite Radio has over 120 channels of entertainment and music. In addition to the more than 65 original channels of commercial-free, SIRIUS offers more than 55 channels of sports, news, and entertainment. SIRIUS 1st Traffic and Weather also provides continuous local weather and traffic reports for 20 major U.S. cities. A subscription is required to enjoy SIRIUS Satellite Radio programming.
Compatibility: This SiriusConnect tuner can be connected to your audio system using either the SiriusConnect DIN port, the RS-232 port, or by using the infrared connector. RS-232 and IR connection will also require an analog stereo RCA output or optical digital output.
- 8-Pin DIN (SiriusConnect): This connection is typically used for SIRIUS-ready or SAT Radio-ready receivers. This connection provides control and audio transfer.
- RS-232: This control connection is typically used by high-end multi-room audio/video receivers. You will also need to connect either the analog RCA output or optical digital output to your A/V receiver.
- Infrared (3.5mm): This connection is typically used in older receivers which use an IR blaster to control the SIRIUS tuner. Instead of using the IR blaster, the IR signal can be hard-wired directly into this 3.5mm connection. This type of connection only supports one-way control with no metadata feedback available. You will also need to connect either the analog RCA output or optical digital output to your A/V receiver.
Display: The SIRIUS SCH2P SiriusConnect home tuner features blue front-panel display. The unit's display provides channel number, standby indicator, satellite signal strength meter and terrestrial signal strength meter.
Controls: The SIRIUS SCH2P SiriusConnect home tuner features a front-panel rotary knob for changing SIRIUS satellite radio channels. There is also a On/Off switch on the rear-panel of the home tuner. In addition, there is a control switch to select between RS232, 8-PIN DIN, or Infrared connection.
Connections: The SiriusConnect SCH2P home tuner features an F-type threaded coax antenna connector, stereo RCA output, optical digital output, RS232 port, 8-PIN connector, and a 3.5mm IR input on the rear-panel.
Outdoor Antenna: The SiriusConnect home tuner comes with an outdoor antenna and mounting hardware to mount the antenna outdoors to a wall, roof, or mast. The antenna features an adjustable arm to angle the antenna for better reception. The antenna connects to the SiriusConnect home tuner via an RG-6 cable (up to 150-feet, the RG-6 cable is not provided). The SCH2P also includes a 2-way splitter if you are going to install more than one tuner to the outdoor antenna.
Rack Mountable: The SCH2P SiriusConnect home tuner comes with rack mounting hardware to install the unit in your rack system. The unit also features 4 rubber feet so you can place securely on a shelf or other flat surface.
Power Supply: The SCH2P operates off of standard household current. The unit comes with a 6.0' detachable AC power cord to plug into a wall-outlet.